The recently launched 2017 Malaysian Code on Corporate Governance requires boards to undertake a formal and objective annual evaluation to determine the effectiveness of (i) the Board, (ii) its committees and (iii) each individual director.
At Inovastra, we help Boards progress from governance compliance to performance. We evaluate how effective board members are in working together towards fulfilling their core responsibilities in strategy design and execution, investment decisions, performance monitoring, risk oversight, succession planning and capital allocation. Key elements of our review include:
- Board Structure, Composition and Capabilities
- Boardroom Dynamics, Quality of Information Architecture,
- Interactions and communication with CEO and senior executives
- Succession planning with respect to Board and C-suite members
- Board’s activity and role in Strategy & Operations
- Oversight of robustness of financial reporting and disclosure
- Oversight of risk management and control functions
- Oversight of other governance related functions, e.g. Compliance, Ethics, Integrity, Whistleblowing mechanisms, etc.
We are able to deliver high quality board evaluations with a strong team where each member has more than 20 years of experience in core areas such as succession planning, strategy and risk management.